The Royal Palace (official name "Haw Kham") in Luang Prabang, Laos was built in 1904 during the French colonial era for King Sisavang Vong and his family. The site for the palace was chosen so that official visitors to Luang Prabang could disembark from their river voyages directly below the palace and be received there. After the death of King Sisavang Vong, the crown Prince Savang Vatthana and his family were the last to occupy the grounds. In 1975, the monarchy was overthrown by the communists and the Royal Family were taken to re-education camps. The palace was then converted into a national museum.
On the palace grounds, there are other several buildings surrounding the palace which includes:
There is a lotus pond on the grounds and also two cannons at the entrance of the palace. Also, a statue of King Sisavang Vong stands on the ground, outside the conference hall.